Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lots going on...

Since I moved down to Wilmington a little over a month ago, I have been very busy! I have been networking like crazy and things are going great. I have been playing a good number of gigs around town and the people I have met have been awesome. I am playing regularly with two groups:

- The Groove Campaign
- Without Until

The Groove Campaign is a group that I started when I moved down here, with me on keys, Andrew Chadderton playing bass and Shelby Smith playing drums. We play an interesting mix of music, taking the improvisational nature of jazz music and blending it oh-so-smoothly with the danceable feel of hip-hop and funk music. We're currently playing original music and covers from many genres, including jazz, hip-hop, blues, and funk. It's going really well and our musical chemistry is phenomenal. Without Until is a self-described "over the top" jazz-fusion band featuring guitarist Scott Quinn and drummer Lee Venters. I round out the sound by playing keys and keyboard bass. They are already an established band and I have been playing out regularly with them.

In addition to all the praciticing and performing, I am teaching piano lessons. I have a handful of students right now and am definitely looking to keep as full a schedule as I can with that.

The big thing coming up this weekend is The Groove Campaign's debut show. We are playing this Saturday, 10/18 @ The Whiskey at 10PM. It is going to be such an awesome show, I can't tell you how stoked I am. I really can't wait. With any luck, we might be able to grab some video footage of the show, and if not, hopefully at least some audio. For now, though, check out The Groove Campaign's Myspace page and listen to our latest recordings there! Here are some pictures from our last recording session:

me

Andrew

Shelby

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo dude, just saying whats up. Keep it up with the blog. Blogging is good, good luck with all the music. I think I have like 4-5 readers, so keep this up even if u feel like no one is reading. I feel like that sometimes, but eventually ppl check it out. peace -frank